Utilidata®, Inc is a fast-growing, best-in-breed software provider that is pioneering groundbreaking technologies to modernize electric distribution grid. Our vision for a responsive, resilient, and real-time grid, powered by insights from the edge, drives our ambition to create software and applications that will enable a cleaner, more sustainable energy future.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer familiar with scalable, cloud-based applications that stream high-resolution data, within a tenant SaaS framework. The ideal candidate must have a passion for the development and delivery of quality software, an enthusiastic team leader, and experience working with product owners, designers, engineers, and testers. This fast-paced development team is working on the company’s next-generation platform: visualization, simulation, and optimization of electricity distribution to the edge of the grid.
The Senior Software Engineer Has The Following Responsibilities
- Work closely with product owners and engineering leadership to manifest evolving requirements into a working application.
- Develop appropriate unit tests, coding standards, and best practices.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes.
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years previous experience in software development and a basic understanding of Java, Python, and related technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly integrate new programming skills and tools
- MA/MS in computer science or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience with successful design and implementation of a control system application (e.g. industrial processes, manufacturing, commercial buildings, SCADA).
- Experience with container/cloud/APIs strongly preferred
- Safe, tolerant, informal work environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Commitment to employee autonomy and flexibility
- Unlimited paid time off
- Family-friendly policies
Utilidata embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.